@mattab opened this Issue on December 25th 2013 Owner

Reported in forum http://forum.piwik.org/read.php?2,108845

triggered on php 5.4.23 -> caused by a critical bug in eAccelerator.

Turns out this project is dead, not maintained, and should not be used.

Please ask your sysadmin / web host to use APC instead!

@mattab commented on December 25th 2013 Owner

In 8318219cad363e3430080b0609fa281227dc7892: Refs #4439 Registering the callback in the frontcontroller and using a static method rather than a closure

@mattab commented on January 3rd 2014 Owner

Maybe you also get this error:

Warning: usort() expects parameter 2 to be a valid callback, no array or string given in /usr/www/users/.../piwik/core/View.php on line 212

in which case it's the same problem. Please comment here with your PHP version, to see if it is a wide spread issue. Cheers

@anonymous-piwik-user commented on January 3rd 2014

i got the same problem using PHP 5.4.23 :

Warning: register_shutdown_function(): Invalid shutdown callback '' passed in /usr/www/users/.../piwik/index.php on line 66

Backtrace -->

#0 Piwik\Error::errorHandler(...) called at [:]
#1 register_shutdown_function(...) called at [/usr/www/users/.../piwik/index.php:66]

@tsteur commented on January 30th 2014 Owner

I tried to reproduce it with different PHP versions but without success. I will close it for now but if anyone still experiences some issues please reopen and send us (hello at piwik.org) - if possible - ftp and piwik credentials so that we are able to reproduce and debug the issue. It seems to be related to a specific configuration.

@anonymous-piwik-user commented on February 6th 2014

Will send login data and everything needed do your email adress.

@tsteur commented on February 6th 2014 Owner

@Brevis thx for sending the details. I found the cause for your problems and other people having a server at Hetzner.

The problem is caused by the eAccelerator ( http://eaccelerator.net/ ) extension. The related ticket can be found here: https://github.com/eaccelerator/eaccelerator/issues/12 . The ticket is already a year old and eAccelerator seems to be not under active development so we do not expect a fix for this issue soon.

The solution is to disable eAccelerator in PHP.ini:

eaccelerator.enable = 0

Only disabling the optimizer as recommended here https://github.com/eaccelerator/eaccelerator/issues/12#issuecomment-23235828 did not solve the issue for us.

Note: Disabling eAccelerator leads to less performance, we recommend to install and use another PHP accelerator like APC http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PHP_accelerators#Alternative_PHP_Cache_.28APC.29 instead.

@tsteur commented on February 6th 2014 Owner

In ab6070fca5de90d1b645ae95a54e18a0c82f4be0: refs #4439 disable eAccelerator if enabled (just disabling optimizing did not work) and display a message in the admin UI. Also disabled eAccelerator during tracking. We might need to move the method to detect eAccelerator to another place, not sure if this is the best one

@mattab commented on February 7th 2014 Owner

In 175b62493fe2dd4dff984dba8664d4f75bb19740: Refs #4439 inlining the message as to not create new translation for this edge case.

@mattab commented on February 7th 2014 Owner

I suggested to eAccelerator that they mark their project as deprecated https://github.com/eaccelerator/eaccelerator/pull/44

This Issue was closed on February 7th 2014
Powered by GitHub Issue Mirror